10 September 2015

Monza / M I L A N O part due

So, the reason we went to Milan last weekend was to see the Formula 1 grand prix at Monza. My father and brothers have been following F1 since the late 90s, and my father's wife is also a big fan. They know practically everything about it. For 16-17 years I've listened to them talk about technical details on the cars, about which driver is best and why, about the circuits and their details, and just everything you can think of that has something to do with the sport. I know absolutely nothing about it apart from the few snippets I've caught over the years. So I was surprised to be invited along, but I happily accepted as I wanted to experience what makes them so crazy about the races.
The actual race didn't start until 14, but we were already at the track around 9 to see some other races. The sun was shining and we had croissants, whiskey and generally a good time.
The boys were excited and wore their F1 gear - like everybody else. My brothers thought it was hilarious that I looked like absolutely no one else that day because I was actually stylish, haha.
People gradually started to turn up and it ended up being completely packed. Let's just say that Ferrari was popular...
NP had the unfortunate seat next to me and was constantly bothered when I asked him about things like: "Who's in that car?", "Why are they clapping?", "So it was a good thing that he overtook him?"....
Sølve was there too. And the Italian photobomber that sat next to me.
To me, the race pretty much consisted of 1,5 hours of looking at cars that went round and round. I am told everybody thought it was a boring race...
Afterwards, everybody race out onto the circuit. My family wanted to walk all around, but I decided I had been scorched enough by the sun and needed a shower, so I made my way back to our flat. And I got completely lost on my way out. Let's just say I was a fish out of water in every possible way that day...
We wanted to take some band photos as per tradition, but there were so many people on the circuit that it wasn't the biggest success. However, here we all are.

No comments: