29 July 2013

Alles klappt, aber Berlin is sehr heiß!

Oh. My. God. While I'm actually really happy to be back in Berlin (a two year gap can change things...), I really hadn't missed the insanely hot summers here. As a Scandinavian, my max is 24 degrees, so no wonder I have developed a fever - I blame the 37 degrees yesterday... Oh well, sweaty foreheads aside, I'm enjoying being back. I do feel at home in this city, and I can't wait to have some milder temperatures, so I can go exploring for real. I want to see what's new after two years. My family left yesterday, and here's what we've been up to;
 In Eisenbahnstraße there's a little markethall - dangerously close to my apartment....
 We picnicked one night in Tempelhof, the old airport. The sun went down over all the hipsters, and I felt right at home.
 Two years older - and maybe wiser - but still a Berliner at heart.
 We biked to Tiergarten and Neuen See to cool down in the shade, and these two crazy ones (my mom and her boyfriend) got engaged minutes after the picture was taken...!
 On Saturday, we biked to Prenzlauer Berg and Kollwitzplatz for the weekly food market. Oh P-Berg, so polished and correct, of course the food market was perfectly looking :)
The view from my window in morning sunlight. Not bad.
 We went out to celebrate the engagement and drank Cava.
The youngest brother being cool on my street.
And finally a little shot of me schwitzing my a** off yesterday in the blasted heat. Man, I'm happy it was only 26 degrees today!

No comments: