23 October 2012

Still life

It's getting dark out soon now. It comes creeping in already around 17.30, I realized it as I was walking home from an interview today - it was 19, but it was dark in the wintery kind. Really black, like there's a blanket covering the world. Luckily, it's still in the cosy phase where you appreciate the change of season. Ask me again in a couple of weeks and I'll be ready for spring again. These weeks are very strange. I feel like I can't keep up, like I'm still waiting for summer. I don't even wear a scarf out most days, even though we're getting close to November. I don't really get that it's getting cold. Everything is blurred together and one day takes the next. So what have I been doing? Here are a few glimpses...
 Concentrated in Olafur Eliasson's mirror installation at Aros. Concentrated with taking my own picture, of course.........
I'm writing a really interesting paper for school. It's about a young man who died last year, and I'm so amazed by how his friends and family talk to us journalists about the whole thing: so open and happy to share, happy to tell the stories of the person they've lost. So admirable. It's affected me a lot making me think about death and what happens to the people that are left behind.
 Narcissa Sunday-bored.
 I painted a few letters and stuff on an old 50s mirror. I think they call it procrastinating.
 Like the rest of the world I held my breath when that man jumped out into space. Afterwards, I felt so ashamed of my feeling of disappointment that nothing happened. But he must have had one hell of a view coming down.
 I have a bad habit of cutting my bangs way too short...
 When I took this photo an early morning, a homeless guy was throwing up a few metres away. There's so much vomit in the area around my house. I'm blaming the discos in the adjacent streets...
Blue town outside my windows.

No comments: